Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fergie Jenkins



Update from the original post: I made a big trade which included sending the Jenkins book, and in part of the return I ended up with a Jenkins autograph on a baseball card. This works much better for me because I can display this card in the ring binder where I keep all my autographs. I'm sad to see the Jenkins book go, but the deal was too good to pass up!



Hall of Fame pitcher Fergie Jenkins was supposed to sign today at the MLB All Star FanFest, but he canceled that appointment.  Fortunately he signed yesterday, and a memorabilia stand had a few of his books on hand for a reasonable price.  I picked one up to add to my collection.

I'm still making my way through this biography, but beyond his record-setting seasons, he is notable for being the first (and still only) Canadian-born Hall of Famer enshrined in Cooperstown, AND he also played for the Harlem Globetrotters during the offseason!

No comments:

Post a Comment