Thursday, May 26, 2011

Non-HoF Autographs: Matt Kemp and Dave Stewart


It pays to follow other bloggers.  Today I learned through the amazing Dodger-themed blog, Vin Scully is my Homeboy, that Matt Kemp would be a surprise guest at Bank of America in Burbank for a member appreciation event.  I was able to snag his autograph on this Dodgertown baseball that I caught during batting practice at Dodger Stadium.


But that's not all!  I also recognized former MLB pitcher, Dave Stewart, who happens to be Mr. Kemp's agent, so I got him to sign the ball as well!  Mr. Stewart is most likely remembered for his pitching career with the Oakland A's, but I enjoyed watching him as a member of the World Series winning Blue Jays team from 1993.

Dave Stewart was not elected to the Hall of Fame after his career, but Matt Kemp certainly has a chance if he continues to play as well as he has played so far in his young career.

I will have a full review of the event tomorrow on my daily photo blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment